Pages

August 5, 2010

Prickly Pear Cactus Flower

My second favorite thing to do besides making cards is taking pictures, especially of flowers.  I made this card using a picture of a Prickly Pear Cactus flower.  I took this picture out the window of our truck coming into our driveway.  Our driveway is lined with prickly pears.  It is only part of the picture and it is pop dotted for dimension.  When I printed the picture it only printed a corner or it, but I liked it so I decided to use that part of the picture.  The peach and chocolate paper are shimmery paper that I got from Paper and More click there to get some.  There are very pretty and come in a couple different weights, the "Thinking of You: is cut from that same paper.  Thinking of you is from Gypsy Wanderings cut at about 2 3/4 inches with a shadow.  I really like adding a shadow to my sentiments as I think it makes them stand out.  I also added a brown pearl to the center of the flower which is the "o" in of.  And guess what I made a card without using any DCWV paper!!!

1 comment:

Beebeebabs said...

Gorgeous card you did a nice job tfs!!!