Pages

August 22, 2010

Butterfly swirls birthday card

Hope everyone has had a great weekend, and ready for Monday again.  Here is the third card for RAQs Challenge this week, it also fits the Ad Color challenge which was to use pink, green and brown.  The paper made the colors easy for me ths week.  LOL.  The card is 5 x 6 1/2 and the background paper is from K & Company, which is starting to run a close second to DCWV as my favorite paper.

The circle is from Lacey Labels cut at 2 1/2 inches, the butterfly cut at 2 1/2 and the swirls at 4 3/4 are from Elegant Cakes.  Happy birthday is a stamp and heat embossed in pink.   I doodled around the swirls and butterfly with gel pens.  Also pop dotted the butterfly wings to make them stand up a bit.

Even though it looks simple it still took me hours to finish it.  I guess I am just a very slow card maker........

4 comments:

Sharon said...

This is soooooooo beautiful!!! That bg paper is perfect! Just perfect!!! Love the Butterfly and those swirls! :)

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh my, this is just gorgeous Donna! I love this!!
Meliss

Linda Kaiser said...

I love your card! I am so going to scraplift:)

Thanks for sharing.

Linda K.

Cricut Couple said...

Gorgeous! Love everything about it!!!