Pages

August 11, 2010

Thinking of You..........Marine card

I can't believe it, I started and finished a card in one day!  That may not sound like a big deal, but for me it is.  Even though this card looks simple they never are for me.  I look through my paper and choose my colors, then I cut and the size isn't right or I don't like the colors together after all.  Anyways this card I only had to cut out the label part twice :)  The labels are cut at about 2 1/2 " from  Lacey Labels, then reduced each one slightly and stacked them.  The Marine emblem and the stars are stickers.  "Thinking of You" is cut from Calligraphy Collection at 3" with a shadow.  You can't tell but the sentiment and the middle label is shimmery gold paper.  I had found the camouflage ribbon a while back and thought it was perfect for this card.

This card is for my son-in-law to send his nephew while he is in boot camp in the Marines.  My SIL is very good at keeping in touch and letting him know that he is thinking about him.  I am pleased with the way it turned out, what do you think?  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Cricut Couple said...

This is such a beautiful card! Thanks so much for sharing it!

Sharon said...

I think it turned out just wonderfully! I'm sure he will be proud to receive this card!! :)