Pages

August 15, 2010

"Lil Sprout" Stamped Image

Just found out recently that my grandson is going to have a baby, well not him but his girlfriend.  It was a shock to us all, but as time goes on you begin to get excited about that little one coming.  So that is what inspired me to make this card, not sure I will even use it for them but it gave me the inspiration that I had to make some kind of baby card.

The card is 5 x 7 and the colors are very light yellow and lilac.  Hard to get colors to photo correctly.  The stamp is a "Stamps Happen" called Sweet Pea that I have had for many years.  I colored it using my Prisma pencils and Gamsol or Odorless Mineral Spirits.  I had stamped the image on Paper Tempress Heavenly White paper which is fantastic for this technique of coloring click HERE if you want to check it out.   After I colored it I added yellow/gold stickles to the center of the little flowers and the swirl on Lil Sprout which is cut from Straight from the Nest at about 2 3/4 inches. The little ladybug I added Glossy Accents to.  The background lilac paper is embossed by hand using my Martha Stewart score board scoring at every quarter inch. 

Now the ribbon along the bottom.  I added yellow ribbon across the bottom but also wanted to had some lilac ribbon, well it did not look to good just on top of each other or together.  So I thought I would try and twist it.  I had this "great idea" that I would wrap it around a pen and hair spray it to try and hold the shape (well after all it works on my hair), when I took it off it was only slightly twirled. Below is a picture of that attempt LOL.   So I placed it on the card and twirled it my self and stuck each twirl down with a glue dot.  Looks OK Huh?

Anyways a fun card to make, enjoy!

Here that genius idea I had......ha ha ha

2 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Donna,
This is adorable! Love that stamped image - you did a wonderful job with your pencils. Next you'll be getting Copics :o)
Melissa

Sharon said...

I just looove this! Your coloring is awesome!! The ribbon looks great and the hairspray idea was a good one even though it didn't work!! :)