Pages

August 20, 2010

Black & White with a splash of Red

This card is so much prettier in person.  I made this card following one of the Sketches at RAQs Challenge, the extra crediy was to do one card with black & white and a splash of color.  I always think red goes well with black & white, and the red I used is a very deep pearl metallic like red.  Paper and More has some great papers check them out, try their sample packs to see the colors and weigh of the papers.  The white is a also a pearl linen white paper that is very pretty.  The flower and border at the top is cut from Elegant Cakes cartridge.  The border across the top was made using a border from Elegant Cakes that I duplicated flip and welded together using my Gypsy, I think it came out pretty cool and elegant looking.  I added some red bling flowers to the center spaces of the border.  Happy birthday is a Stampin Up stamp that I heat embossed with a detailed white embossing powder.  The card size is 5 by 6 1/2 which I think is a great size for a card.  I did kind of mess up on one part, I put the ribbon across the card and meant to tye a piece of clear thread around where I was going to put the bow so that it looks like it was tied there, but I forgot so the bottom of the ribbon shows under the bow, oops!

Overall I think the card came out great, thanks.

1 comment:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

This is really pretty Donna - that bow is just too cute!
Melissa