Pages

August 8, 2010

Rope Frame Male Card

Sometimes it is difficult to make male cards, so this week the Ad Color Challenge on the Cricut message board was to use rust, white and chocolate.  The perfect combination for a guy card.  I used a sketch from RAQ Card challenge for the design.  The rope frame is cut from Old West at about 2 1/2 inches and then inked the "rope" cuts, inking adds so much texture or realism to cuts.  Then using my Gypsy I added the dragonfly from Camp Out and placed it in the frame so I knew what size I wanted to cut it to fill the frame.  It ended up being cut at 2 inches.  I added some dots using a brown colored glitter pen he is also mounted with pop dots.  The plaid paper was from an outdoor pack of paper that I had.  Added the Happy Birthday cut from Stamping with a chocolate shadow.  I placed a piece of brown jute and kind of tied a loop knot.  I wanted to keep it male so I stayed away from a bow.  Hope you enjoy this card.

1 comment:

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

That looks great! I love the rope cut out and the jute!