Pages

August 10, 2010

A Little Birdie told me........

I love my Straight From The Nest cartridge. there are so many cute images on it and oh so many corners with shadows.  I traded my French Manor for it since I did not really care for French Manor and someone was willing to trade for SFTN which I have been drooling over for a long time.

Anyways, the Birdies are cut using the border feature at about 3 1/2 inches.  The "A little birdie told me... was cut at 2 1/2 inches.   The background paper is from a pack that I bought at Big Lots.  I cut the yellow rectangle from glitter yellow and embossed it using a the checked Cuttlebug folder.  All the papers are glittery but doesn't show up too well in the picture.  The little birdies I put a little light green flower soft along the lower edge of the party hat and then used Diamond Stickles on the rest of the hat.  Then I added googlie eyes on the birds. So blingy in person. as always I did not finish the inside as I wait on that part till I know who I will use it for, but it will say something like "it was your birthday".  I hope you like it as it was a very fun card to make.



3 comments:

Sharon said...

This is just awesome!!! That bg paper is just perfect for this card. All the colors and bling. I realllllly like the 'shadows' behind the birds! What a great touch!! It is something I would never have thought of!! Wonderful card and I just loooove it!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love everything about this! The cuts, the fabulous colors and texture and the fun embossing! Great card, Donna! LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG!

Cricut Couple said...

This is so cute! I love the colors, paper, everything! I have straight from the nest and really have to try this card! Thanks so much for sharing and starting your new blog! It's beautiful!!!