Pages

August 3, 2010

This is a pretty cool technique.  May years ago I bought this blue moldable form.  I had my husband make me a large wooden block like the ones on your rubber stamps and I mounted a piece of the blue foam on it.   What you do is heat it up with your heating tool and then press your stamp into it while it is still hot, it won't harm your rubber stamp, but I have not tried it yet with the clear stamps but I don't think it would be a problem.  Your image is then embedded into the foam in reverse, any image would work as long as they are not words.  This particular image is from an older Stampin Up set and I thought the details came out great.  After I got the image in the foam I rubbed my inkpad over it till it was all colored, then turn it over and stamped it.  The ink does not go down into the crevices so that part it left uninked.  What is really cool is that all you do it reheat the blue foam and the image comes out and you can use it over and over again!  Here is a link  the "blue stuff" as I call it  click here

I mounted the image on a piece of white card stock that I inked and used a corner punch to slip the corners under.  The rust paper and ribbons is also from Stampin Up.  Let me know if you have any questions.

2 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Gorgeous - I just love this - and look at the followers you have now - go Donna go!
Melissa

Carol<>< said...

pretty card..
welcome to blog world, love your background,,
Carol<><