Pages

August 5, 2010

Black and Silver with Mulberry Paper

Another card from RAQ Challenge, you will find that most of my cards are from there.  I am getting to the point where it is hard to make a card without a sketch to follow.  But I truly believe that participating in this challenge my cards have improved and evolved, if you ever get stuck or need a push give it a try.  It takes me an hour to pick out my papers alone, can you imagine how long it would take me to make a card if I had to figure out the layout also, :o!

The card is 6  x  5 1/2 and I covered the base with a very pretty shimmery silver paper then scribbled or should I say doodled around the edges so that it would show after I added the black paper.  The black is Mulberry paper, I tear it buy using a paint brush with water and then just paint where I want it to tear, then you pull it apart you get that real feathery edge.   The strips of paper are from DCWV Glitter stack, except for the plain glossy silver one which I wish I would have embossed with the Cuttlebug.  The Celebrate is cut from Gypsy Wanderings and is about 3" long.  Thanks for looking and leaving a comment

1 comment:

Peggy T. said...

Very pretty card, Donna. You are so talented.

Peggy T.