Pages

August 1, 2010

Lazy Days of Summer

I am pretty proud of this card, I think it came out so cute.  The image is a House Mouse Happy Hopper, it was sent to me by Aprile over at the MCPT Challenge on the Cricut message board.  MCPT stands for "Magic Color Pencil Technique" which is coloring with Prismacolor or any wax based pencil.  Then you use orderless minerals spirits to blend it.  The results you get using this technique are great, if you haven't tried it give it a shot I am sure you will like it.  After I colored it I put Glossy Accents on the inter tube to give it dimension.  I glued a small piece of jute/rope from the inter tube to the duck.  I enjoy adding those special dimensional things to my cards.

The waves I made on acetate paper that I colored with Ranger alcohol inks, stream and silver I believe.  Then I cut the piece of acetate with one of the waves cut on Life's a Beach cartridge.   The lifeguard chair and the sentiment is also cut from Life's a Beach at about 4 inches.  The entire card is 5 x 6 1/2.
I hope you enjoy this card

1 comment:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

This is a beautiful card Donna - I love the acetate art you did!!! Very Cute!
Melissa