Pages

October 7, 2010

Trick or Treat Ghost........

Well you know I never really make Halloween card unless I am challenged to!    As most of your know I try and participate in RAQ's Challenge on the Cricut message board every week, this week Sherri at the Jitterbuggin Challenge  is hosting RAQs challenge.   One of her sketches is also for the Jitterbuggin Treat or Treat  special challenge where you can win a Cricut Lite cartridge of your choice.  Anyone can participate so check it out, then on Saturday voting will begin for the winner, I would love to have your votes :)!  The challenge was to use the sketch to make a Trick or Treater using two cartridges and have a star somewhere on your card.  See it that little blingy one next to the moon?  The Ghost is cut from Paper Doll Dress Up and his bag is from Doddlecharms.  The tree and moon I cut at 3 inches from Celebrate with Flourish, I am loving this cartridge more and more however it will not cut using Design Studio, I guess there is an issue with that.

I also posted this on the Sunday weekly challenge Stamptacular Sunday , where the theme is "Layer-it-on", you can use any theme or colors you wish but there must be at least 5 layers and have stamped something.  This card is actually about 8 layers, wow I couldn't believe it either till I counted them.  The "Trick or Treat" is stamped and heat embossed.
I just love the way it came out, I think it is so cute.  The Boo and black cat are a Jolee sticker.  It has so much dimension in person here is a close up of the ghost.  He is two layers pop dotted.  I accented him using watercolor crayons and a blender pen.  I had the hardest time coloring the pimpkin face on his bag as the paper is holographic and nothing would dry on it, I finally just used a Micron pen and that stayed on. 
Let me know what you think, and stop by  Jitterbuggin Challenge I would love to have your vote.........  I would love to read your comments Thanks

10 comments:

Tracy Jedi said...

That card is so cute! Such great detail. Love it!

Sherri said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Thanks for Jitterbuggin'

Anonymous said...

That card is so cute!I love all your layers and details.

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Ashley said...

what a spooky halloween card! love all the aspects off it! good job! thank you so much for joining us at stamptacular this week! also i'm giving away a candy at my blog so have a look! hugs ashley

Karita said...

Awesome halloween card! So spooky abd scary! ;) You have done great job with details and layers. WOW!

Thank you for joining at SSC and hope to see you again :)

Hugs,
Karita

Sharon said...

Now here I was thinking you wasn't gonna enter the Jitterbuggin challenge and I might have a chance of winning that cart of choice and you go and enter and take my chance away!!! LOLOL I just
loooove your card!!! All the details are just awesome!! :)

Betty Wright said...

Nana, the design, dimension, detailing, and layers are fabulous! Totally spooktacular! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenges!

Cathy said...

I love your card and all the details. Awesome. Good luck in the challenge.

Erika Valdez said...

Your card is really cute I love all the details!