Pages

October 1, 2010

Autumn -------------waiting for that cool weather

I don't know about you but out west here it has been hot hot hot!  We are so waiting for Autumn or Fall temperatures to get here.  Yesterday was 104 the hottest day ever recorded this late in the year here in Tucson Arizona.    So I made this card to send to someone just to say don't worry Autumn will come,  which was the challenge this week at the Cuttlebug Challenge to make a card to send to someone just because.  Tomorrow Saturday 10/2 is World Cardmaking Day   so you may want to check it out and join in the fun.


I also posted this card on the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge  where you had to make a card using fall colors and have something stamped on it.
The center three strips are stamped with three different Fall colors (Pumpkin, Dark Purple and Brown) and heat embossed.  The strips edges were distressed using my Tim Holtz distressing tool, I love this thing!  I also distressed the cream strips where the leaves are stamped, the 3 strips are pop dotted so they stand out a little. Although you can't really see it the three colored strips in the middle and the top cream colored strip are embossed with my Cuttlebug using Textile folder.  The background paper is actually a green glitter paper that is from a My Mind's Eye Fall stack.  The "Autumn" at the top was cut using Cricut Stretch Your Imagination cartridge, this is one of my all time favorite cartridges.  You can't really tell but at the right end of the word Autumn is two small leaves and an acorn, used some glitter pens to highlight them and then put Glossy Accents on the acorn. 
Hope this card gives everyone hope that Autumn will come!

6 comments:

Court said...

I feel like I am waiting for the cool weather too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Cuttlebug Challenge! Remember to leave comments on each post to possibly win one of the cartridges! :)

Danielle Champagne said...

HI! Nana Donna, as I write, I can feel fall tonight! It's pretty cool in Montreal! Gorgeous card, very lovely stamping job. Gorgeous background.
Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Danielle

Cricut Couple said...

Donna,

This is just gorgeous! I love it! It's such a fun card idea. Fortunately, today's high was 73 here in Missouri and it was just gorgeous! We are to glad. This has been such a long and hot summer that we were certainly ready for it.

Most Sincerely,
Bobby & Jill

Skraptacular Designs said...

Don't you just love the colors of fall? It's my favorite time of year!

Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stamptacular! Hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Anonymous said...

Your card is `Gorgeous` I love the design ..
Thanks for joining us at the cuttlebug challenges
Terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

GiGi said...

Cute card! I love the colors!