Pages

October 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Card

The theme or challenge this week at Cricut Cardz Challenge was to make a Thanksgiving card using the card feature on any of your Cricut cartridges.    So this card was made using the card feature on Stretch Your Imagine cartridge.
This card is about a 5 1/2 inch square, using the bare tree cut on SYI.  That leaves kind of an open window in the card so it is lined with vellum paper.  In Design Studio I set up another tree cut to fit exactly on top of the cut out of the card.  I cut it twice and pop dotted it on top.   The "Happy Thanksgiving" is cut from Lyrical Letters and I colored the pine cone with Perfect Pearls.  The leaves are kind of interesting.
For the leaves I glued a piece of aluminum foil onto a piece of plain white card stock.  Then I colored the foil paper using my alcohol inks with Fall colors.  After that was done I cut out the leaves using my Cuttlebug and Spellbinder leaf dies.  I stamped with Versamark all over the background of the card with a leaf stamp just to add some depth.  Overall I think is came out nice, thanks for stopping by and let me know what you think of this card.

9 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh my this is amazing Donna! Love the foil on the leaves! Beautiful!
melissa

Sharon said...

Wow! WOw! WOW!!! Awesome! Those leaves are fantastic. You never cease to amaze me with the wonderful things that you create!!! :)

Nana Donna said...

Oh Sharon you are so sweet, thanks you always take the time to comment and I so appreciate it.

Lezlye said...

very nice card! Love all the details you put into it especially the leaves! Thanks for joining us over at CCC!

Melissa said...

This is just a beautiful card, I love the tree in the window with the leaves, are they embossed? You did a great job on the challenge, thanks so much for joining with us at CCC.

Jeri said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. All the sparkle and shine is fantastic. Thanks for playing along at CCC.

Joanna said...

Awesome card! I love the shimmer! Thanks for playing with us at CCC!

Anonymous said...

This is very pretty.I loe the foil leaves.

Barb Smith said...

Interesting technique. Thanks for joining us at CCC for this challenge.

Barb from Toronto, Canada
CCC Design Team #2