Pages

October 5, 2010

Fall Birthday Card

This card was made following the Ad Color Challenge and using one of the sketches from RAQs Challenge this week on the Cricut message board.  I loved the way the colors looked together and my son-in-laws birthday is in November so I thought it would make a perfect birthday card for him.  I did use the Cricut to cut the rectangles because you are suppose to use your Cricut in these challenges.


It is a very simple card, but I think very comforting looking (I almost made it a Sympathy card), the colors just give it such a soothing look.  I stamped the leaves with a Martha Stewart leaves set, the white leaves on the brown is embossed with white Puffs embossing powder, it puffed but not too much, this was my first time using it.  The off white paper I stamped with Pumpkin ink and heat embossed.   The happy birthday is also stamped and embossed.  I rarely stamp without embossing unless, I am going to be coloring the image.  I just prefer the look of embossed stamping.  I then used my i-Rock :) tool to added orange jewels place around on the card.  The happy birthday and the off white square are pop dotted so they stick out a little.
I did the inside and will stamp a sentiment when I am ready to use it.  Thanks for stopping by and taking a peak at my blog.  I would love to have you as a follower.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

What a wonderful Birthday card!! Love the stamped and embossed leaves! Beautiful! :)

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Donna - you are so right this is very soothing. I love the warmth! Great effect of the double stamped leaves in two colors!
Melissa