Pages

October 25, 2010

Breast Cancer Awareness..............month October

In honor of October being Breast Cancer Awareness month I made this card following one of the sketches at RAQ's Challenge on the Cricut message board and the Cricut Cardz Challenge.  I also posted it on Sweet Sassy Diva's blog, the more I get it out there the more awareness there is.  I think most every family has some how been affected by breast cancer, so this is a very good cause that needs as much attention as we can give it. So here is my card
   Thanks to Okie..for setting up a cut file for the ribbon.  If I ever need a cut file her blog Okie Ladybug's Scrap n More is the first place I go.  She has wonderful cut files and a very large variety.   Her file was for a 5 inch ribbon, but I played around with it in Design Studio and downsized it to fit on a card.  Check out her blog sometime if you haven't already, but most of you probably have as she is a Cricut message board icon.

Anyways on to the rest of the card....................The back of the card is just a 5 1/2 by 7 inch piece of cardstock from DCWV Sweet Stack, then I cut the very pale pink paper and put a gatefold card on top of that base.  I Cuttlebugged the "doors" with the Quckkutz Vines folder, I love this fold it adds such a nice touch (I think).  The strips are pieces of paper that I put a piece of double sided tape on and then sprinkled with Martha Stewart Kunzite glitter, I used the same glitter on the breast cancer ribbon and one of the butterflies.  The butterfly as you all may know is a Martha Stewart punch, very high on the list of my favorites.  The word "HOPE" is cut from Home Decor at about 1 1/2 by 2 1/4 inches.   I also added pearls to the center of all the butterflies, I tried to put a lot on bling on this card, as anyone with this disease needs as much sparkle and bling in their lives as they can get.  Here is a close up of the butterflies, they are punched from white paper then sprayed with Glimmer Mist to give them sparkle and a slight pink tint. 
  

This card took me two days to make, that's right you read it correctly two days.  I am very slow, I guess it is because every detail has to be just so, a fault I have.  Well I would like to show you a picture of a small instance of why it takes me so long.
   This what I have to do to get it right.  They are covered with, flock, glitter, glass beads, flower soft & inked and heat embossed.  Anybody need any ribbons, LOL.  Anyways I sure hope you like this card as all my heart ans sole went into making it.  Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Glenda said...

Donna, this is beautiful! So much work and such pretty details! A great awareness card!

Sharon said...

Awesomely beautiful!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Donna, this is a beautiful card. You kind of work like I do. I always have to try tons of things to get it just right. I must say it really paid off this time. Simply gorgeous.

Peggy T. said...

Donna, this is so lovely. I enjoy all your cards. You are so very talented. Thanks for sharing your gift with us.

Scrapper69 said...

Your Card came out sooooo PRETTY! I love the butterflies and the ribbon and well the whole thing! You always do beautiful work! :o)
Thanks for joining us over at CCC! :o)
Theresa

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful! Thanks for play with us at CCC! :) Janis

Anonymous said...

Lovely!

mum of two said...

Your card is beautiful. I may need to invest in that butterfly punch... Thanks for playing with us over at CCC this week. I can't wait to see what you come up with next week.

michelle (CCC DT#2)

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Beautiful. Love the butterflies.

Thanks for playing along @ CCC.