Pages

October 24, 2010

Think Pink Challenge Entry

This was entered in the Cricut Circle blog the challenge is "Think Pink"  so you had to make something girly using at least 3 of the following; pink, ruffles, scallops, flourishes, glitter and jewels.  I think I got all 6 of them covered, plus you had to use at least 2 cuts with your Cricut to qualify.  I am so so excited at how this came out...............  There is so much to tell about this so let's get started!

Isn't it pretty?  And it isn't a card it is a 5 x 7 inch magnet to hang on your refrigerator or wherever to remind us of those people going through this horrible journey and with hope that research will find a cure.
I also made this so it can be displayed all year to remind us of the importance of self breast exams as referred to at Hoos' Crafty blog where she is giving away a huge pile of pink goodies.

I cut a 5 x 7 square out of magnet material, then cut another 5 x 7 piece from white pearl paper.  I then in Design Studio put another smaller square inside that one to make the frame, it was cut twice out of thin chipboard to give it some body then again out of the dark pink paper.  I Cuttlebugged the dark pink frame (can't really see it)  and sprayed it and the light pink one with Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist Marshmallow.   I had that white ruffle ribbon (clearance at Wal-Mart) so I glued it between the two pieces of chipboard.  I stamped with a light pink ink on the pearl paper with a Stampabilities scrpit background stamp.  The scallop or flourish light pink frame I cut using Sentimentals cartridge.  As many of your know I love love to make crumpled flowers, so I cut out lots of scalloped circles from Sentimentals cartridge and sprayed them with Glimmer Mist Marshmallow (I think this is my favorite color so far LOL) crumpled them up while they were wet then uncrumpled them and stacked them and added a glitter brad to hold them together.   I just cut them from plain white copy paper.  I find they work better with a thinner paper.   Here is a close up of the flowers .  You can't really see it but they sparkle.
I then cut the word "journey" with my Gypsy using Gypsy Wandering, I cut the shadow layer with the darker pink then the top layer with the lighter pink which I glittered with crystal glitter so it really sparkles also.  The butterfly I bought the other day along with the strings of pearls, then mounted the butterfly using a large glue dot over the pearls.  Added some extra pearls to the corners for more bling, them more bling the better! 
I sure hope you like this magnet with all it's sparkle and bling to remind us this Breast Awareness month October.  I think I may leave it up all year to remind me to pray for those afflicted with this disease.

I was so touched by Brens story on the message board and what she is going through right now that I sent this to her.  Please please keep her in your prayers

8 comments:

Peggy T. said...

I love your magnet, Donna. It's so full of beautiful detail. Great job.

Sharon said...

Oh my Gosh Donna! This is just beautiful!!! The flowers, butterfly and that ruffle-Just Awesome!!!!! :)

Hoo's Crafty! said...

Thank you for adding this project to our site Donna. It's wonderful.

Liza

Patty said...

Wow! Now that is one beautiful card! I love the ruffle that goes around the card, I'm going to have to try that myself. Thanks for sharing, I'm using this as an inspriation for my next card! God bless, Patty

tippymarsh@googlemail.com

Charlotte said...

This is just beautiful! I love everything about it. 5t is obvious there is so much work and love in it.

Turnedgypsy said...

My Blog has some great giveaways that will enhance your cricut/papercrafting projects. plus one more post for Scal software giveaway. So scroll down to the first 3 post too see the current giveaways

http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com

I just started paper crafting in March this year. You did a great job on this project.

Terry said...

I am also obsessed with flowers and yours are so pretty! I don't have the Sentimentals cartridge but I do have white paper and never thought to use that. I've signed up as your newest follower and looking forward to checking out more of your projects. Oh and I just love your card!

Brens Designs said...

Donna was so kind in sending this card to me. This card hangs over our fireplace! I absolutely love it and it is so beautiful in person. This will be displayed year round at our home to celebrate breast cancer survival! I truly appreciate this card with all my heart!