Pages

October 20, 2010

Christmas Wreath Card

This card really gave me fits and I am still not sure if I like it.  I made it following one of the sketches at RAQs challenge last week and also for the Paper Cutz Challenge where the theme is anything goes. I thought I would make a Christmas card to get myself going since it will be here before you know it.
The background paper is from a Christmas stack that I bought at Wal-Mart last year that has a lot of blues in it.  I wanted to dress or bling it up so I sprayed it with sparklie Glimmer Mist although it looked OK it just not do it for me so I inked the edges with silver ink and still it did not have that pop or WOW I was looking for.  So I crumpled up the whole piece of paper into a little ball and then unfolded it and rubbed the silver ink on it so it rubbed onto the creases, it was OK but at that point I thought I better stop messing with it.  LOL  But I did add a few holographic dots to it here and there.
The wreath was made using the Martha Stewart branch punch.  I punched it a bunch of times out of very light blue and then I had read somewhere that if you punch out aluminum foil it will sharpen your punch so I threw a few of the foil branches in there.  I glued them onto a circle I cut with my Cricut, it was an open circle that I found on Plantin Schoolbook cartridge.  Of course them I had to go and spray it with Glimmer Mist Frost to added some sparkle, can you tell I like this stuff.  In fact I had ordered some from Scrapbooking Warehouse where they have it on sale for $4.75 a bottle which is a great price and my ordered arrive today with some neat colors.
Then my first try at printing sentiment in a circle using Microsoft Word, it came out pretty cool thanks to instructions from Carolyn D on the Cricut message board.  I printed on white pearl paper and as soon as it came out of the printer I sprinkled glittery embossing powder on it and heat embossed it. It worked!!! I was so excited................
You can see the foil branches here and there,  I also added some bling on the wreath.  So I hope you like it, I guess it is growing on me, thanks for any comments.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I think it turned out beautifully!!
:)

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Donna - I love it!! Wonderful idea to use your punch - and I just got that stack too!! LOL Anyhow, love this!!