Pages

October 27, 2010

Give Thanks...........Fall Card

I created this card following a sketch from the Jitterbuggin Challenge you also had to  use a pumpkin somewhere on your card.  As long as it had to have a pumpkin I thought I would make it a Fall card because that was the theme over at the Cuttlebug Spot.  Since this card is a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 square card it was rather hard to use the Cuttlebug so I added Tim Holtz Crackle Accents to give the pumpkin some texture.
It is hard to see but the background paper is has some sparkle to it because I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist Bronze spray., the leaf print paper is from DCWV Autumn Stack.  The light or off white paper is very pretty in person as it has gold flecks in it.  I inked the edges with a very dark purple ink to add an extra fall color to the card.  I cornered punched the pumpkin colored paper with a Fiskars corner punch and slipped the white paper under the punched corner.
The pumpkin and the "give" are cut from the Thanksgiving cartridge, and the "thanks is from Beyond Birthdays, that was the only vertical word I could think of, but all and all I think it worked well together. 
Here you can see the crackling on the pimpkin and those gold flecks in the paper.
Well thanks for stopping by my blog and hope you like this Fall card.  I love to here your comments.

4 comments:

Sherri said...

Very pretty......I love the crackle finish! Thanks for Jitterbuggin'

Valerie said...

I just love the crackle pumpkin. Great card!

Sharon said...

This is a wonderful card! I to love the crackle finish. The pumpkin paper with the corner punched corners is just beautiful!!
Awesome card! :)

Donna said...

Very cute card! Fun autumn colors! Thanks for joining us at TCS.