Pages

October 25, 2010

Bouquet of Flowers Birthday

I am so so excited about this card....................Something I have been wanting to do for a long time but didn't think I could without it looking like a mess!
I wanted to put together a bouquet of mixed flowers but was always worried that I would not be able to put them together without them looking like a jumbled mess of flowers and branches.  I think I pulled it off!  What do you think?
I made the card following one of the sketches at RAQs challenge this week in the Cricut message board.  I tried to make it a vintage looking card, the oval "mirror" was cut from Sentimentals cartridge at about 3 1/2 inches.  I cut a piece of glossy foil silver for the mirror and misted it with Glimmer Mist then immediately wiped it to make it look like an old mirror that is loosing its silver.  The vase I cut using Serenade cartridge but I manipulated the shape a bit on my Gypsy to make it look chubby instead of long and skinny.  The flowers are cut from a variety of cartridges, they were all cut from plain white card stock then I colored them using my inks to make them the colors that I wanted. The pink roses have Glossy Accents on them.  The one cut reminded me of Pussy Willows so I colored the branches brown then using Viva Pearl Pen Ice White and dotted each bud.  These pens are wonderful they make perfect drops then dry in their shape.  I only have two colors but you can bet I will get more.  You can make your own skittles with these.   Here is a closer look at the pearl dots.
I made this card for my sister-in-laws birthday so I even finished the inside :)  Scalloped oval is a Spellbinder die and the sentiment is a stamp.  I would so love to hear your comments on this card.  Thanks for stopping by.  

4 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh this beautiful!!! Love it Donna - the extra worked made this card awesome!!
Melissa

Glenda said...

Donna, this is a beautiful floral bouquet! The mirror looks great-love the papers and lace. A beautiful card!! Fantastic job!!

Sharon said...

Oh My Gosh! This is just awesome! I love it!! You put a lot of work into this card and it was soooo worth it! Beautiful!!!! :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

I love the way you have made this card
Become your new follower
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com