Pages

October 16, 2010

Happy Halloween

I never knew till recently how much purple is used for Halloween along with the traditional orange and black.   The center "haunted house" image was sent to me this month by Aprile at October MCPT on the Cricut message board.  If you like coloring using Prisma Pencils and Ordorless Mineral Spirits this is the way to go to get some interesting images each month.  All you have to do is send her a self-addressed stamped envelopes and she will send you the images to create a card and post it on the message board. That is a pretty good deal as she uses high quality paper to stamp the images on.
This card also follows one the the sketches at RAQs Card Challenge that Carolyn hosted this week.  It is one of those cards that looks better in person, the orange circle and the Happy Halloween is Cored'nations glitter paper, the circle is Cuttlebugged with Distressed Strips embossing folder.  The "Happy Halloween" was cut from Happy Haunting cartridge at about 2 3/4 inches.  The black is glossy paper is also Cuttlebugged with Distressed Strips.  The pumpkins are covered with Glossy Accents to give them a shine and some dimension.  I added a small jewel for the door knob, I don't know why I just wanted some bling LOL!
I had won some goodies at Sugar Sweet Paper Treats and what a bunch of neat goodies I got.  All Halloween stuff, the background paper is from K&Company Halloween mat stack that was in my box.:), some glow in the dark glitter which I can't wait to try.  In fact I held it up to the light then took it in the closet to see if it glows!!!! It was cool.  And lots of other things were in my box.  I just love receiving goodies of course who doesn't.
Here is a close up of the haunted house....................

  It is just the cutest image to color with all it's details.  I put glitter pen on the spider web and inked the edges of the entire house just a little bit, in fact I got a little too carried away and inked up my orange chimney oops!  Well let me know what you think and have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I love it!!! You do such an awesome
job with your coloring. This house is super! Wonderful card!! :)

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Donna - HOLY Smokes!!! You colored this house beautifully!!! Oh my gosh the shading on the roof is fabulous! You are working those pencils my dear!!! Love this!
Melissa