Pages

October 12, 2010

Gold Dazzle Sticker on Alcohol Ink Paper

I am so thrilled with how the colors on this paper turned out.  Then over at RAQ's Challenge on the Cricut message board there was the perfect sketch to use this paper.
The bottom piece of paper (a half sheet) I made by adding some Ranger Alcohol Inks to glossy paper by just randomly placing drops of color, I think I used 4 colors on this one, then added some Ranger Blending Solution and just tipping the paper around and letting the colors run together.  This is a technique I learned in my Technique Junkie Newsletter.   I just recently subscribed to this and I love it.  This was not part of the technique in the newsletter, but I took and added a few drops of pearl alcohol ink, more blending solution then turned the paper over onto my craft mat and twirled it around to get that marbled look.
I cut a kind of scalloped edge circle from A Child's Year at about 2 inches and then place a gold flower Dazzle Sticker on the scalloped circle of the alcohol ink paper that I cut out.  Then on my Gypsy I made a slightly larger circle out of a deep plum colored paper and mounted the flower on top of it.  This is the first time I used Dazzle Stickers and I love them.  Then with my i-Rock I added small green jewels to the flower.  The happy birthday is a stamp on a Spellbinder Nestabilities label.  Here is a close up of the flower, colors aren't that great close up.

And I have been trying to work on getting the insides of my cards done, so here it is.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and let me know what you thin of this card.  I just love to read your comments and appreciate them a lot.

3 comments:

~JulieH~ said...

This is suh a beautiful card the colours are so pretty and your marbling looks stunning!
Juliex

Sharon said...

Oh My!!! This is just beautiful!! That flower is fantastic and all those colors. WOW!!! :)

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on that paper. It's beautiful. Your card is really gorgeous.