Pages

September 6, 2010

Trick or Treat

You know I have never made a Halloween card before because I thought "who am I going to give a Halloween card to?"   Well at RAQ's Challenge this week one of the extra credits was to make a holiday card, any holiday, I recently got DCWV Autumn stack and there were a couple Halloween papers in there, so I thought I would give a Halloween card a try. 
I am so so excited on how this one turned out, it is so cute!  The background web paper is from that DCWV stack and so is the "trick or treat" and I faux stitched with a white open around the edges.   The Happy Halloween is cut from Wild Card out of holographic paper, the same orange paper that is behind the trick or treat.  The white strip that goes across on an angel was just a piece of white card stock but I wanted it to be a little glittery so I had some diamond colored fabric glue so I spread it on the paper and it came out great.  Because it was fabric paint it left the paper very pliable.  I think I discovered something new :)!

The Mummy I cut from Paper Doll Dress Up at about 2 1/4 inches and inked his wrapping lines with gray ink to highlight them, added him some black pearl eyes. 

The spider and web were also cut from Paper Doll Dress Up at about
1 1/4 inches.  The spider is cut twice from black glossy paper and then pop dotted on top of the web.  I hung him from a piece of very light gray sheer ribbon to look like he was hanging from a web. 

I hope you like him as much as I do, almost to much to give away LOL, but I do have someone in mind to send it too!

13 comments:

Crafty Carrie said...

This card is great. I love the little mummy so cute. You did such a great job for your first Halloween card. Love you blog too.

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Terrific job! I love PDDU and am excited I actually have that one. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Sharon said...

Oh this is just sooooo cute! You did an awesome job on your first Halloween card! Would have thought you'd been making them for yrs.!! :)

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh Donna - this is just wonderful - great colors and dimension!
Melissa

Cricut Couple said...

Donna, this is just amazing! I love all the details and it's so much fun! Thanks so much for sharing your talents!

Most Sincerely,
Bobby & Jill
http://cricutcouple.blogspot.com

Gramma said...

Love it! Great job! TFS!

scrappinbearcub said...

HI, I am a blog friend of Mary from Cardz Tv and saw your blog addy posted there and hopped I love your card. I was finally able to reinstall my Design Studio after several issues from other uninstall and re-installs. I was interrested in making some treat bags for my daughters chearleading team and coaches and love the little mummy. Can you please help me with how to make it. I have looked all over PPDDU. I have tried the welding but The DS bug and I are butting heads!!! bearcubscraproom.blogspot.com. thanks for any help you can give.

Dorcas said...

WOW!!!! I love this detail! This is fabulous!
~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

Norma said...

I have been making Halloween cards for a few years now. I make one for my sister and my niece. They look forward to them every year. My sister is 30+ ( not saying ) and my niece is 13.
This card is great.
Norma
http://www.mysanityspot.blogspot.com

Norma said...

I have been making Halloween cards for a few years now. I make one for my sister and my niece. They look forward to them every year. My sister is 30+ ( not saying ) and my niece is 13.
This card is great.
Norma
http://www.mysanityspot.blogspot.com

sophiesmama said...

Awesome card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Cardz TV!
Hugs,
Mary

Rhonda Emery said...

wow. just to great.I am now a follower.
www.scraphappenswithRhonda.blogspot.com

Scrapping With Sherry said...

Looks like it will not be your last Halloween card Huh? I have seen so many cards today that used paperdoll dress up cartridge. Looks like I am going to have to put it on my wish list. I barely made the challenge but I invite you to take a peek at http://scrappingwithsherry1.blogspot.com/

Take Care~ Sherry