Pages

September 9, 2010

A simple but lovely card

I am trying to post some of my older cards that I made before I started my blog, some of my favorites.
If you know me you know that one of my favorites "looks" is all white with  a touch of color.  I love the white to be embossed with the Cuttlebug.  This card is 6 x 5 1/2 which is bigger then a Cuttlebug folder (except for the new ones) so for the Swiss Dots part I had to emboss it in two steps.  I read on a blog a while back on how to do it without showing a line, sorry I don't remember who it was to give them credit.  The Swiss Dots part I Cuttlebuggesd as much as I could down one side/end, then turned the paper around and lined up the folder to do the other end.  The trick to not get a line where is joins is to run it through the CB just to where the other stops and back up the Cuttlebug, so not go over the same area again or you will get a flat mark.  I hope this makes sense.  The left side of the card I embossed using my Martha Stewart scoring board turning the paper on an angel.   The paper is very pretty pearlescense white.

The turquoise strip and the butterfly is from some paper that I made/colored using Tim Holtz Alcohol inks on photo glossy paper.  The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch, punched twice, added some pearls to the center for more dimension.  Then I happen to have the pleated ribbon that I got in the dollar bin at Michaels that matched perfect.  Don't ya just love when that happens :)!

I hope you enjoy this card as much as I did making it.  I love your comments and look forward to reading them.



Here is a close up of the butterfly so you can really see the colors on the paper.

No comments: