Pages

September 14, 2010

Spots, Polka Dots & a Homemade Flower

If you know me you know I love to use flowers on my cards, but I especially love to make flowers or crumpled flowers as they are called.  I made this card for RAQs Challenge this week on the Cricut message board, this was a fun sketch, thanks to Sandy Palmer our hostess this week.
The spotted paper on the left side of the card is from DCWV Nana's Kids (woo they named a stack after me LOL) stack.  There are some very bright and cheery colored papers in this stack.   The very light lime green piece on the right side started as a plain white piece of card stock.  I sprayed it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Hula Hoop then embossed it with the Cuttlebug folder Spots & Dots.  I love to use Glimmer Mist on paper especially white to see what it turns out like. 
The flower I cut from Birthday Cakes cartridge starting at about 2 1/4 inches and reducing it from there in Design Studio, this particular flower has 6 layers.   I cut all the flowers out of regular text weigh white copy paper and sprayed them with Hydrangea Glimmer mist and crumpled them up stacked them together and added a glitter brad to the center.  I will do another post with more instructions on these flowers, no it won't be a video (don't even go there LOL) but will have more pictures and instructions.

The happy birthday is a stamp that I heat embossed with white embossing powder.  The colors are so pretty and the light green in very shimmery from the Glimmer mist.  Let me know what you think, I love comments and followers :)
Here a close up of the flower, it is very light purple and has gold highlights on it.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Awesome card and such a beautiful flower!!! Your flowers are always amazing!! :)