Pages

September 11, 2010

I think this came out pretty................but simple

My sister-in-law let me look through her "Paper Crafts' magazines and there are some fabulous ideas in them.  I had never heard of this magazine but after looking through them I had to subscribe.  It comes out once every other month, if you don't already get it check out this link to subscribe.
This card was made following a sketch in the March/April 2010 issue.  I thought it was very simple and pretty.  And I actually made it very quick :).  If you know me then you know that hardly ever happens!

The paper is from a K & Company double sided stack.  The base is one side of the paper and the angled strips are the other side of the paper.   Sometimes double sided paper makes matching colors/patterns easy.  The trickiest part was cutting the strips on an angle. 
and I actually did the inside of this card.  I believe the inside frame was cut from the Wild Card cartridge.  I printed the sentiment on vellum paper and glued it inside.  This card is 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 first time I had made an A2 size card in a long time. 

3 comments:

Sharon said...

This is just simply beautiful! Love the angled stripes. The inside is just as beautiful. Love the corners!! :)

Peggy T. said...

Donna, This is gorgeous. I love the way you cut the strips of paper on the front. Love the inside too.

Vicki said...

OMGosh!! I love how you angled the stripped paper. How ingenious. Now I must lift!!!
Auntbeepbeep