Pages

September 23, 2010

My First card using Hello Kitty

Thanks to the Cricut Couple I won the "Hello Kitty Greetings" cartridge.  I never would have bought this cartridge, but right now I am tickled pink with it.  It has so so many cute images on it and lots of greeting also, hence the name I guess. 
Well yesterday I was sitting there trying to figure out a card to make for our Great-Granddaughters 1st birthday, when my husband came in with the mail and handed me a box.  It was my goodies from the Cricut Couple that had the Hello Kitty cartridge in it and lot of other goodies:).  That sure helped me decide on the card to make.  A few weeks back I was at Wal-Mart and bought some pink balloon stickers that said birthday girl on them with the intention to put them on the card for this granddaughter.  As I was paging through my Hello Kitty handbook (always do this when I get a new one)and right there was Hello Kitty holding a bunch of balloons.  You can only imagine how excited I was when I saw that cut.  Button number 12.  IT WAS PERFECT!

 I cut the Hello Kitty so the balloons would be large enough to use the stickers on, so it turned out I cut it at about 6 1/2 inches.  So that meant it had to be a big card, 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 a whole piece of paper folded in half.  Then to top it off I got to use my flocking that I had bought and never used.  I just happened to have the perfect colors.  The bow and scarf (?) are covered with bright pink flock and the eyes and mouth with brown, I guess I should have done the mouth in pink? anyways I think it looks cute.  I also cut a #1 and covered it with pink flock and put it on one of the balloons(see it peaking through up there).  The balloons were flat and rather thin stickers so I stuck them on white card stock and then cut them out to give them more weight plus without the white you could see through them and see the balloons underneath.    The happy birthday I cut from Birthday Cakes cartridge at 2 inches out of a pearl pink paper.

Here is a close up of the flocking............I love this stuff now, it gives such great dimension and special effect to an image.
 And I did the inside, I am getting better at printing directly inside a card.  The biggest part is remembering to do it before you put the card together.
I sure hope you like this card as much as I do, what do you think?  I think you will be seeing more cards from this cartridge :).  Thanks

3 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Donna - oh my gosh!! That is so cute - I'm so glad you won this cart because you knew exactly what to do with it!!! BEAUTIFUL - I love her little dress.
Melissa

Tracy Jedi said...

Oh! That is so cute! Great job and I love the way you used your flocking on it! I really like the border on the inside of the card too!

Cricut Couple said...

It's just perfect! Love the flocking and the colors are just perfection!!!