Pages

September 26, 2010

Fancy Scarecrow--------

 First a question since I am fairly new at blogging and think about this every time I post, should I post the picture of my card first then give the details or give the details first then post the card.  Please let me know what you prefer.

About two weeks ago I bought my first Lite cartridge from Wal-Mart, I got Celebrate With Floursih............I really like the images and greetings on this cartridge, it is a good all around or should I say year around cartridge.  It pretty much has all the holidays covered and other greetings also.
So when I wanted to do a couple challenges this week that were to follow a FALL theme decided I would trying this cartridge and use the Scarecrow cut. 
This card was made following the sketch and theme of the challenge at Jitterbuggin this week.  It also falls into the Fall theme at Sugar Sweet Paper Treats This is my first time participating in both of these challenges and hope to do more in the future.
The card is 5 by 6 1/2 inches as most of my cards are as I buy the packages of 50 cards and envelopes from Micheal's and use those as my card base.   The scarecrow, I cut at 3 inches.  I tried to cut him using Design Studio but it would not recognize the cartridge, I did some updates by have not tried it again yet, had to cut it the old fashioned way directly from my Expression.  I know there had been a problem with it but not sure if it has been resolved.   I inked the scarecrow up using Versamark pad and then heat embossed with thick clear embossing powder, I guess he came out OK, I was trying to gicivng him a lttle dimension and glow???  Then I got carried away with the heat embossing, LOL I cut the leaves from A Child's Year out of brown, orange and green, inked up the edges to give them some highlights then I embossed them with clear embossing powder, I am real happy with how the leaves turned out.  The 3 leaves in the left hand corner I pop dotted a couple of them.  The pumpkin is a clear epoxy type sticker that  bought last year.  The background plaid paper is from DCWV Autumn stack.  "My Heart Give Thanks" is a stamp then I mounted it on an orange piece of paper and added brads to the sides.
The frame I made in Design Studio using Just Because Cards and Storybook.

This might fit into the challenge this week at Paper Cutz Challenge where you were suppose to use a critter on your project, does a scarecrow count as a critter, let me know I guess that is kind of boarder line. :)

Here is a close up of the leaves, the small one I added a touch of dark purple to try and replicate so of the beautiful Fall colors
Thanks for stopping by, would love to hear what you have to say.

12 comments:

Sharon said...

I seen blogs both ways. With the photos first and with them last. I do mine last on my blog. I read the description when they are either way so I'm don't have a preference. I just love the Celebrate With Flouish liet cartridge! Has some awesome cuts on it. Your card is just wonderful.
Love that scarecrow!! :)

Sherri said...

Very pretty (Your cards always are!). Love the way the leaves turned out!

Thanks for Jitterbuggin' (I'm really glad to see you over here!)

Jeri said...

Lovely card. I agree with you that Celebrate With A Flourish is a good all year through cartridge and good investment. Thanks so much for joining us at PCC.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Donna - first I love this card - I don't have this cart - but might have to get it! Second - that's the good thing about YOUR blog! You can do it the way you like it! I prefer the pick first - this way on the dashboard it shows the pic - or on your little pic that comes up on a thumbnail! But it's your blog!!! and I LOVE IT!
Melissa

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh yeah - and thanks for playing at Paper Cutz this week!
Melissa

GiuliaG. said...

Great card...I love your scarecrow. Thanks for playing along at Paper Cutz.

Rhonda Emery said...

your scarecrow is so cute

love2create said...

Thought I'd stop by to see how you made those beautiful leaves. They are so pretty! I haven't brought out my heat gun in so long. Will definitely have to do that soon. Maybe something for Christmas. Hmmm.
JeanH

Lynne said...

Love the card! I think the leaves are my favorite part of your card!! I love the colors!! Thanks for joining us this month at Sugar Sweet Paper Treats!!

Cathy said...

I love everything about your card. The scarecrow cut is awesome. The colors are fantastic. Good luck in the challenge.

Unknown said...

The card is so cute!! I love the way he looks like he is dancing away into the sunset. I thought for sure the leaves were brads...you did a great job wit them. I love the background paper and colors, too!

Cricut Couple said...

I love it! Celebrate with Flourish is one of my favorite cartridges! Sure wish I could find one. Hee! Hee!