Pages

March 10, 2011

Well wishes card.....................

.........for my grandson that just went into the Navy (yesterday).  This week on Stamp TV we had to make a card using the following sketch.
so here is the card I made following the sketch to send him (when I get his address) LOL

This sketch was a real challenge to cut the striped background paper to line up correctly.  Looking at it you would think it wasn't a big deal but cutting angles like that on a rectangle is a bit different then on a square at least for me.  What I did was score it corner to corner, then folded it and cut on the folds.  It worked for me.  
The anchor is a Gina K design stamp from the Enjoy the Sunshine set, I stamped it and heat embossed it with pewter embossing powder.  The second time I stamped it I cut it out and put Tim Holtz Crackle Accents on it.  I then pop dotted it on top of the other one.

The sentiment stamp is also a Gina K design stamp from the same set.

The center label I cut from the Sentimentals cartridge, then I finished the inside with the same cut and left it blank for me to write a note in.
I am so glad you stopped by and would love to hear your comments.
Thanks!

2 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

He'll love it! It's a perfect card!

Audrey Frelx said...

He'll love it! It's a perfect card!