Pages

March 20, 2011

You're A Classic..................Stair Step Card

This is the first time I made a stair step card, oh wait as I am typing I remember making another one a year or two ago (I won't share that one LOL).
I made this for my brother-in-law, I won't tell  his age but he is old enough to remember these cars. :).
The car I stamped on chipboard type paper and heat embossed it, then I stamp it again onto the brown kraft colored paper, I cut around both and glued them together to give them some body to stand up.  I guess I didn't really need to heat emboss the first layer, oh well habit I guess I heat emboss most everything I stamp.  I then pop dotted it onto a deckled edge rectangle I cut with my Nesties.  I Cuttlebugged the red layer.
It is hard to take pictures of this kind of card so here is a few angles.


I stamped on each folded area.  Here it is from the side.
This fun and I will have to try more of these.  It is a small card that fits into an A2 sixe (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) envelope.
Thanks for stopping by

3 comments:

Sharon said...

This is a great stair step card!! I made one once. I didn't share it either and haven't tried another!!
Your second try is awesome! Love the car image!! :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, how nice!!! He'll love it!

Cricut Couple said...

So Cool! That's all I can say. So Cool!