Pages

March 2, 2011

Thanks berry much

I love the way this came out.  I made it this week for the sketch challenge at Stamp TV.
Here is the sketch we had to follow.




As you can see I twisted (literally) it up a bit, but I think you can still see the basic sketch.

This card was actually built around the ribbon.  I had this ribbon for some time now and when I saw this sketch I knew this was the ribbon I wanted to use.  The strawberries are from Gina K Designs "Enjoy the Sunshine" set that is so versatile, I love it.  The thank you berry much is also from that same set.    I stamped the strawberries using Memento black on Gina K Pure Luxury cardstock, then colored them with my Copic markers.  I only have a few Copics and I am still learning how to use them, but with this paper they blended beautifully.  It leaves such a smooth silky like finish to the image. 

I embossed the background using my Cuttlebug, and I knew there was a way to leave a section not embossed.  I was determined to do it this way so I checked out You Tube and around the internet and I found a tutorial on Ikki's Cuttlebug Cupboard, what a great resource for using your Cuttlebug, be sure you stop by and check it out.
Then after I spent an hour or so yesterday trying to find this technique I get my newsletter from Splitcoast Stampers this morning and sure enough their tutorial this week was on exactly that topic!
Anyway what I did was set up a cut file in my Gypsy for a 5 x 7 rectangle with an oval approximately 1 x 2 cut out at the spot I wanted left unembossed, then I cut it out of chipboard type material.  It worked great, boy can I see a lot of possibilities for this!.
I made this inside rather simple, just using a Spellbinder die and cutting out the strawberry image, I wanted to leave room for a hand written note.

I am so glad you stopped by, I would love to hear you comments on my card.

5 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wow I love this!!! The red just pops and that wicker basket embossing is AWESOME with this card!
Hugs,
M

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Beautiful card! It is so bright and really makes me smile.

Janette S> said...

SUch a very pretty card, I love the strawberries!

Audrey Frelx said...

What a sweet card!!! Berry sweet!

Pretty too!

Anne said...

Oh I love this card. It's so bright and cheery and the strawberries look good to eat. I love the wicker embossing. Haven't seen that in the stores yet. It's awesome. Hugs, Anne :)