Pages

March 1, 2011

USN Birthday Card............

............for my Grandson.  I made this birthday card for my grandson who turned 19 on February 24th and is going into the Navy on March the 9th.
Although the colors aren't the traditional navy blue, I followed the colors in the center sticker.


 I made this card following the sketch on RAQs Challenge on the Cricut message board.  When I first saw the sketch I thought about a medal.

The star were cut using Indie Art from bronze and cream colored paper.  After I layered them I covered them with Glossy Accents to make them 3 dimensional.  
Here is what I did with the inside.

Thanks so much for stopping by, I would love it if you would leave a comment so that I know you were here :).


 




6 comments:

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

That is a terrific card! The glossy accents look so cool and the colors are great. I'm sure he'll love it. Many blessings for his birthday and beyond!

Summer said...

Great card, my DH would love a card like this!

Claire said...

A great card Donna, I'm sure he'll love it. You must be very proud of him.
Claire xxx

Peggy T. said...

Donna, this is a terrific card. I am sure your grandson loved it. You are so talented.

Sharon said...

Oh Wow!! This is just fantastic!!! I love it! :)

Audrey Frelx said...

This card is fabulous!!! Special birthday wishes to your son and he'll love this card!!!