Pages

May 7, 2012

Sweet as a Strawberry

I created this card for our great-granddaughter who turns 5 at the year of the month.  I love the bright cheery way it came out.  I loved it for this time of year when strawberries are in season and everyone is beginning there gardens.
The strawberry paper on the bottom is from DCWV Nana's Nursery stack and then Cuttlebugged the top using the dots folder.  I just happen to have the strawberry ribbon that went along with the theme.  This a a half fold card (5 q/w x 8 1/2) so I cut the strawberry at 2 1/2 inches using the Preserve cartridge.  I have to admit that I have had this cartridge for quite a while and this is the first time I used it.  I picked this from all the other strawberry cuts because I liked the little flower that is one it.  Lots of sparkle on this card, the strawberry is all cut from glitter paper, then I ran it through the Cuttlebug using swiss dots then dotted each whole with a silver Sakura gel pen.
I used some clear Viva Decor for the center of the flower to it give some dimension.  The inverted scalloped circle I cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge, also from glitter paper and then cut a plain circle to lay on top.  The sentiment is a Sweet & Sassy stamp and thought it went well with the strawberry, I added a flower brad to the top.
I cut a smaller strawberry for the inside and then stamped a Stampers Best sentiment.
Thanks for stopping to take a peak at my card today, I would love for you to leave a comment, I love reading them.
I will also be entering this is the Cricut Circle challenge something old something new.  New cartridge Art Philosophy old cartridge Preserves
Challenges for this card
Craft Your Days Away  Just for children  ends - 5/9
Crazy 4 Challenges  Gardening/Outdoors  ends  5/30
Make it Monday  Always anything goes   ends - 5/13
Creative Craft Challenges  Anything goes




10 comments:

Hrvatica said...

This card is wonderful. The paper, the cuts, the ribbon. Everything just works so well together.

OlgaB said...

This is stunning. Love your strawberries and papers! I do miss strawberry season.

Dazie said...

A pretty card I have these papers and have been stuck for ideas this has been really inspiring!

Thanks for taking part in our For a Child challenge over at craft your days away!

Dazie
x

Anonymous said...

Yum! Love your strawberries. This is a very cute card. Your sweet granddaughter will love it.

Rene said...

What a fun and pretty project!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday this week! For a chance at a second prize, don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM! Good luck,
Rene :D

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! I love your yummy looking strawberry!



I’m stopping by from MIM. (I’m number 70)

~Cheryl~

**I am having a couple of give-aways on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

Cricut Couple said...

This is SO sweet Donna! I love the colors! So fun and bright!!!

Stamping Shanni said...

Donna this is a stunning card in its simplicity - I love it and really adore the fresh colour schemes! Very inspirational and I can't believe you have onlybeen blogging for a year - your blog is amazing. Thanks for inspiring and sharing - saw this entry on MIM and so pleased I came for a closer look.
Stamping Shanni

Michelle said...

Beautiful card, so fresh. Love the way you have used these pretty papers.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

mixamatoasties said...

Lovely card.

Thanks for playing along at Creative Craft Challenges.

Susan x