Pages

May 11, 2012

If you were a Lizard

Hi, today I have a cute card to share with you that kind of has a southwestern theme to it.  I think the colors fit the southwest and of course the lizard.  We live with nothing but desert right out our back door and we have plenty lizards running around amongst other creators even a Gila Monster.  So following the sketch this week at Mojo Monday I created this card, I love play along at Mojo Monday when I can.
My lizard is a little fancier as the ones I see out back, he is a Stampin Up stamp that I heat embossed then cut out and added some bling down his back.
Here is a closer look at the lizard.

  The papers are from the Mi Casa DCWV stack.  The circle and the ribbon/banner cuts are from the Art Philosophy cartridge.  The word bubble is from the Cricut Craft Room basic shapes that is there when you open Craft Room.
I also Cuttlebugged the ribbon/banner with a folder from the Boy's Will be Boys folder set with just the lizard part of the folder.  The white part was Cuttlebugged with a skin type folder.
Now to make this all make a long more sense here is the inside of the card.
I love to use this stamp with my lizard stamp.  Now I just have to find the right person to give this card too.
Thanks for stopping in and why not check out Mojo Monday and give the sketch a try.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is totally cute. I'm sure you will find the perfect person to receive this special card.

Cricut Couple said...

This is a stunning card Donna! It's just perfect!