Pages

May 8, 2012

Rock -n- Rolln 50s

Wow did I ever get behind in my posting.  Doing a little cleaning in my craft room I ran across several cards I had not yet posted on my blog.  I made this card early last month, but the idea was inspired/scrap-lifted from ScrappinFiggy on the Cricut message board.  Head on over to her blog and check out her creation that inspired me.  
I love the way it turned out!  I had the Nifty Fifties cartridge for probably over a year and had not ever used it, but once I saw the card ScrappinFiggy made I knew I had to pull it out.   All the papers were printed using my Imagine cartridge, Imagine more Cards.  I flood filled the pieces so I did not have try and put all those tiny different color pieces of paper on my mat.  I love my Imagine & Cricut Craft Room for doing this type of thing.
There is so much detail and little pieces so I made this card a large 8 1/2 by 5 1/2 inch card.  I added some pearls to her hair and belt, then scribbled in some shoe laces. 
His outfit is quite as detailed, maybe I should have added something to the suspenders.  
The rock -n- roll was also cut from the Nifty Fifties, and the white lace stripe along the right side are Dazzles.
I hope you enjoyed my card today and thanks so much to Cathy at Scrapbooks and Paper Crafts for the great idea.


3 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Cute as can be!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute. I love this cart.

Cricut Couple said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! It's amazing Donna!