Pages

May 4, 2012

Hip Hip Hooray!

....it's your birthday.  Wanted to share this card with you that I created for my grandson's 19th birthday.  He is currently in Groton, CT attending his submarine schooling, hence the anchor.  This card was made following the sketch this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.  It was a fun sketch to work with.
The papers are all from the K&Company Americana stack.  I got it on clearance at Micheal's and with two grandsons in the Navy it sure has come in handy.
The stars, frame and anchor are all cut from the Stand and Salute cartridge.  The border across the bottom I cut using the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge and added a small strip of Dazzles.

The frame and the stars I covered with Crackle Accents and am pleased with how it looks after it dried.   I did not cover the center where the silver star shows through.
The anchor I covered with Liquid Glass and then wound some chain like ribbon around it.
For the inside I did it very simply, stamping the rest of the verse inside.  The stamps are from the CTMH Card Chatter - Birthday, it is a great set as it has verses or outside and inside.

Well I want to thank you for stopping by and I would love it if you left me a comment I love reading them.

Challenges for this card
Tuesday Morning Sketches  Sketch  ends - 5/7
Make It Monday  Always anything goes  ends - 5/5
Aud Sentiments  Anything goes  ends - 5/8

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terrific card, Donna. Red, white and blue...always spectacular! Love your stars.

Cricut Couple said...

Wow Donna. I always love your patriotic cards! You are SO good with Red, White and Blue! This is wonderful!!!

Melissa Craig said...

Amazing! Your details are fabulous, that anchor looks great and those stars are awesome. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Angela said...

I love all the wonderful texture...so pretty! Thank you for playing along with Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Michelle B. said...

Anchors away! Wonderful nautical theme, well done! Thanks for playing with us at Aud Sentiments!

Michelle B. said...

Anchors away! Fab nautical theme! Thanks for playing with us at Aud Sentiments!