Pages

May 1, 2012

It's your special day

Hi, I created this card following the sketch this week at Mojo Monday, love to play along here whenever I can they always have great sketches.
If you know me you probably know that when I follow a sketch I usually do it very very close, but this time I veered off a bit but I think you can still see the sketch there.  Here are the sketches for this week.
I chose to make the round one, it is fun and challenging at the same time to create a round or shaped card.
I used my Art Philosophy cartridge with the card feature to cut out the card base.  Then using Cricut Craft Room I cut a scalloped circle to cover the front then another circle using the CTMH Lucy paper for the center.  The paper is so pretty that I just could not put a bow on it like the sketch as it would cover up that flower.  As it is I had to shift the label, also cut with AP off the the left so the flower would show.  The label has slits along the side that I feed some ribbon through then adhered it around the back.  Because the ribbon is rather heavy I pop dotted the print circle to the front of the card.
The butterfly is very sparkly and is a K&Company sticker.  I also added a couple small rub on flowers to the label that came in the Lucy Workshop kit.   You will love this kit, it comes with some very pretty papers, these sparkly rub on stickers and a set of stamps that coordinates with a flower cut on the Art Philosophy cartridge.
So come on over to Mojo Monday and play along this week, let's see what you can come up with.

5 comments:

Emily Shroom said...

Beautiful paper and a beautiful card! Just curious though as to how it opens, I can't see a hinge fold anywhere.

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

I always forget about Mojo Monday! I better schedule it in, lol...this is a beautiful card. LOVE the slider!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great card. Love the tag with the ribbon going through it. TFS

Cricut Couple said...

This is really beautiful Donna! Who would have thought that butterfly was K&Company? It goes perfectly with that gorgeous paper! Stunning! Absolutely Stunning!

Vicki Fraser said...

so so pretty :)