Pages

September 5, 2011

Back to School Book Worm

This is just the cutest little book worm image.  It is an image from Jen at the CDAC Freebie Progressive Challenge that is going on right now.   It is so fun to play along, they provide you free images and every two weeks you have to post a card using one of the images.  Go ahead and click on this link for all the details CDAC  Freebie Challenge 
Since it is back to school time that was the theme of the images this challenge.  Also the challenge theme at If the Shoes Fits is back to school so I will also post this card there.   I was so excited to find out that my card was chosen as one of the Top 3 last week at If the Shoe Fits.
On to on card, I colored the image using my Copic markers and then added Crackle Accents to the book.
I had this paper in my stash for a few years and thought it would work well with this theme.  I finally used my Bakers Twine, I got it a couple of months ago because I love how it looks on so many cards I have seen but just have not used it till now.
Here is a closer look at the Crackle Accents on the book.  I thought about putting Glossy Accents on the worm but couldn't decide so I just left it off, guess I could always go back and add it.  What do you think, should I add it?
The apple I cut twice using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge from plain white cardstock then colored it using my Copics.  I did it that way so I could color the apple, stem and leaf separately.  The two layers are pop dotted.  The A-B-C I cut and welded using the new Cricut Craft Room out of shinny gold paper.  I added a pretty heavy coat of Glossy Accents to the top apple and when it was near dry I put the A-B-C on top of  it and right after I did it I though "Oh no, should not have done that" I wanted it to sit op top but it immediately started to curl and I thought I was going to have a mess on my hands and would have to start over.  Well I left it for a bit and keep checking on it as it dried further and pressing down each end of the letters till it finally held.  WHEW! I think in the end it worked out.
Well I feel like I went to school and learned a bit about Glossy Accents when it is still wet.  LOL
I hope you all enjoy your Labor Day and for those going back to school, I wish you a very good productive school year.
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to read them, besides that way I knew you were here to take a peak.

Challenges this card will be entered in
CADC Progressive Freebie   Back to School   ends - 9/14
If the Shoe Fits Scrap it   Back to School   ends - 9/14
One Stitch at a Time  Use a Digi    ends - 9/10
Make it Monday   Always anything goes   ends  9/11
Sweet Stampin Challenge  -  anything but a birthday  ends -  9/9
Card caravan Challenge   Use twine   ends-- 9/17
Fantabulous Cricut  ABC - !@# Back to School  ends - 9/11

27 comments:

Donna Moore said...

Wowzer!! This is amazing, your coloring and accents are spectacular! I love how real your book looks, you did such a beautiful job on this!!!
Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

NancyD said...

Great back to school card. Saw you on MIM and had to stop by. NancyD

Priscilla said...

Very cute.. and so detailed with the coloring highlights. Thanks for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

Audrey Frelx said...

He really is a cute little book worm; and so is your card! Love his little glasses! LOL!

Darlene said...

FANTASTIC extra touches on this fun creation! The book looks so old and worn and your choice of background paper is PERFECT!!
Thanks for joining in our challenge fun at CDAC!

Sharon said...

Awesome!!! This little bookworm is just adorable! Love the Crackle Accents on the book. The apple is great! Love the added twine. The perfect back-to-school card!!! :)

Cricut Couple said...

He is SO cute! Just makes you smile!

Sylvia Blum said...

Oh my word.. this is SO adorable! Totally LOVE how you used the crackled accent here.. it's just the perfect finishing touch!!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Hybridchick Card Caravan! Hope to see you again next time :)
Sylvia xx

Tracey T said...

Fabulous! The crackle accents on the book work brilliantly! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Julie said...

Very cute card Nana Donna. Thanks for joining us on the Hybrid Chick Card Caravan.

Josephine said...

So cute!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck.

Kim Kelley said...

Love the card. The crackle is perfect on the little bokworm! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE
Hugs!!!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Great back to school card Donna! I saw it at MIM!
smiles,Deena

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous hun....

thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin...and good luck...!

hugs Vicky xx

LuAnn said...

totally love this! and no, I wouldn't add the glossy accents to the worm - it looks great like it is!! thanks for playing along with the Hybrid Chick Card caravan challenge - so glad we were able to get you to use that twine in your stash!!! :)

Scrappycath said...

Oh this is so cute, just the way it is! Love the touch of the twine! Thanks for playing along in the Card Caravan challenge at the Hybrid Chick!
http://www.thehybridchick.com/2011/09/card-caravan-challenge-1/#more-13777

Amy said...

Very cute- love the worm image and the argyle paper is great! Thanks for sharing this week at FCCB!:)Amy
amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Awww how fun and so cute. Love the bold colours you used. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT and at Sweet Stampin' this week. Good luck xx

Fiona said...

such a fun card...cute little worm!!

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

Lisa Minckler said...

Wow, I can't believe how much that crackle really adds a "leathery" bound look on that book. Very nice touch! I think your card is perfect.
Thanks so much for linking up with us at Make It Monday!
Good luck to you...
Lisa xx

Tamie said...

This is fabulous and I would want to go back to school if I could have this card. Super fantastic. Glad I stopped by from MIM. Thanks for making me smile.

sparklingblackrose said...

Awesome :-) Thank you so much for joining us at OSAAT this week, hope to see you again soon! Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy if you would like to pop over and enter :-)

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Great back to school card, beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining in with our challenge over at OSAAT and good luck. Julie DT

Carissa said...

Adorable card. Love the stamps and the Glossy Accents. Thanks for crafting with us today at FCCB. We hope to see you again.
Carissa
www.happilyeverpapercrafter.blogspot.com

BugBites said...

What a sweet card. I love your paper choices. TFS with us at FCCB.

Larelyn said...

Hi Donna,
So glad you joined our challenge (FCCB). I've missed Raq's and the gals there, but I just don't get to join in very much anymore. Your worm is adorable and I love the use of the crackle accents. Your work is still fantastic as always.
Hugs,
Larelyn

lesleyworth said...

another fabulous card! Congrats on your TOP 3 selection last week, very much deserved! Thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!