Pages

June 2, 2011

Pink & Orange Challenge

This week at Crafty Creations our challenge was to use PINK & ORANGE!.  If you have never tried to put this color combination together it really is a challenge.  Also our sponsor this week is 2 Cute Rubber Stamps where she gave us these cute images to use.  Be sure you stop by and check out what she has, she had digis and rubber stamps.  So I needed a card for our great-granddaughter who turned 4 so I thought this cute image and the pink & orange color combo was perfect for her card.
I added some lime green but I think the colors came out nice ab=nd bright and cheery.  I colored the turtle using my Copics and Promakrers.  I had printed the image on Gina K Pure Luxury cardstock, which is very nice and smooth.
I outlined the flowers with glitter pen and added Glossy Accents to the flowers.  The bow I tyed and it came out OK.
  I added the two flip flop shoes, although they may not fit into the theme of the card, they were the perfect colors.
I finished the inside using a stamp and added four candles for the fourth birthday.

Challenges for this card
Scrappy Frogs - Birthday ends 6/11
KB Challenges  - Anything Goes ends 6/5
Party Time Tuesdays  - Anything Goes ends 6/6
Card Cupids - Ribbon/Fiber ends 6/5
DYSU Challenge - Orange ends 6/8
Catch the Bug - Bright Colors end 6/4
Also Ooh La La Creations is doing a design team call so i will place this card there to be considered for the DT.  They want a card posted that shows your style, that is very hard for me as I feel like I don't have a particular style as you can see by looking at my blog.  

Hope you like my card and be sure and stop by Crafty Creations and join in our fun.

14 comments:

Judy said...

Pink is always my first choice, orange not so much...But this is so adorable I love the pink orange and green.
Have a great day.
JUdy

marilynprestonn said...

Awww sweet little turtle. Love the Crystal effects on the turtles shell. Well done with the challenge Donna. :)Peggy

Anonymous said...

These papers and cute image are so playful and fun Donna!! Love it!
smiles,Deena

Anonymous said...

These papers and cute image are so playful and fun Donna!! Love it!
smiles,Deena

Sharon said...

Adorable!!! Love the brightness of the pink, orange and lime green!!
The flip flops are just perfect!!
Love the turtle with that sweet face!! Awesome card and just perfect for a 4 year old!! :)

Claire Phillips said...

Wonderful colours - what a fresh zingy creation - love it!Cheers Claire x

Cricut Couple said...

So Cute! Love the bright and fun colors! It just makes me smile!!!

WencheP said...

This is supercute! Thank you for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

sgc said...

Great card. Love the bright colors you used. Thanks for playing in our Bugaboo Challenge.

Min said...

Wow, what a great color combo! Thanks so much for playin' along with the Catch The Bug "Bright Colors" Challenge!
Hugs & Happy days! ~Min
http://kayminkreations.blogspot.com

Jacqueline said...

Wow - love this image - the card is so bright and cheerful great colour combo.
Thanks for playing along at Card Cupids.
Hugs. Jacqueline
ps. i have two giveaways on my blog - i invite you to check them out.

Marcy said...

Fun, fun, fun! Love the colors. Thanks for playing along with us this week at DYSU.

Miranda said...

very cute card, love the image and thecolourcombo
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
miranda

Janna Werner said...

Hi Nana! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely orange project wth us at DYSU Challenge Blog this week! Janna