Pages

April 26, 2011

Two Hearts.............

............that beat as one.   This week at Crafty Creations our challenge is "white space", I love cards that have a lot of white on them so this one was great for me.  Although I would have liked to all white, I did have to make a wedding card and wanted to incorporate the wedding colors which are teal and brown.  Also our wonderful sponsor this week is Whiff of Joy, and I wanted to use something from them.  As they are in Europe and I did not have enough time to order, I picked up the phrase on the front of the card from them.  I sure hope that was OK, wanted to include them somehow.
The bottom heart cut with the swirls on it is from Straight From the Nest cartridge, and the top heart with the swirls cut out is from Stamping.  I Cuttlebugged the top heart with Swiss Dots and also the teal panel across the bottom.  The top of the card is very pearly white linen paper.  I embossed the criss-cross pattern using my Martha Stewart score board at 1/2 inch increments.  I then glued a small pearl at each cross point, I think it gave a very elegant effect.   The sentiment I printed on the same pearl linen paper which does not dry instantly so I sprinkled embossing powder on it as soon as it came out of the printer, then heat embossed it.  Here is a closer look.
The lighter colored hearts I found when I Goggled hearts and inserted it there because I thought it fit the saying.  I added a couple teal glittered brads to the sentiment panel.  The card is a 5 1/2 inch square card, which I am enjoying making this size more and more.
I am thrilled you visited my blog, leave me a comment so I know you were here and I would love it if you became a follower.  THANKS!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful card. I love the embossing you did on the top.

marilynprestonn said...

Beautiful card Donna. The pearls are stunning here. Well done with the challenge my dear. :)Peggy

Audrey Frelx said...

Donna, your card is beautiful!!!

craftyb said...

Such an elegant card Donna i love all the texture you added. The swirls/hearts on the bottom panel look fab and the pearls just give it that elegant classy feel! bx