Pages

April 8, 2011

Showered with Blessings.........

I made this card for a wedding shower for my "niece to be".  It was created following one of the sketches on RAQs Challenge on the Cricut message board, also I will enter it at this week challenge at Fantabulous Cricut - Challenge me Monday and also at My Sheri Crafts. Now the themes at both this week is April Showers and you are to create a card using an umbrella or hat or something do to with April Showers.  Even though this is not an April Showers as per rain but it is an umbrella for an April wedding shower. :).  I hope this is a valid entry.
The umbrella is cut from the New Arrival cartridge even though this ia a wedding shower, I liked it a bit better than the one on Sweethearts.  I place small pearls along the bottom of the umbrella, and I cut off the bow part that cuts and added my own bow.   The squares at the bottom were cut using good old George, love this cartridge for shapes and added a few stickers on top.  The oval at the top is from Lacy Labels and stamped with a Gina K Designs stamp.  I love her stamps.  I added a few hearts raining down from the umbrella.   The umbrella and white squares are cut from pearlesence white paper and embossed with my Cuttlebug using Swiss Dots folder.

A close up of the umbrella that shows the pearls better and also the brown pearls that added t the oval.  The wedding colors are teal and brown which are great colors to put together.
Thanks so much for stopping by, please leave me a comment and let me know you were here.

10 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Donna - I LOVE this..the embossing is so adorable on the umbrella - love those papers too!!! HUGS
M

Rhonda Emery said...

beautiful card

Donya/Okscrappinmama said...

Donna, that is a great card--love the colors. Good luck on the challenges :)

Sharon said...

What a wonderful shower card! Love the bg paper. So pretty. The squares are a great touch. Such a beautiful card!! :)

My Sheri CRAFTS said...

SO SWEET! Two entried this week...way to go! Thanks again!

Larelyn said...

Oh, your niece-to-be will love this. I love the embellishments in the squares and the pearls - such a special touch. Glad you could join us at FCCB.
Hugs,

Dana said...

Very pretty. Like the embossing. Really like your choice in the background paper too. Thanks for playing at FCCB.

http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Maquel said...

Beautiful card! Love the embossing! Thanks for playing along at FCCB!!

Maquel
http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

BugBites said...

what a great card and the sentiment is perfect. TFS with us at FCCB.

Lisa Norris said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing along this week at FCCB!

Lisa N.
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com