Pages

November 29, 2010

Hello Teapot card

After winning my set of 148 ProMarkers from Enfys at Going Buggy I finally got a project made using them.  And I have to tell you I love coloring with them, they blend incredibly well and the color spectrum is vast, click HERE to see a color chart. 

 The image is a digital image from Whimpsy Stamps  if you are looking for some great digital images check them out they have some fabulous designers, they also sell rubber/clear stamps if you prefer that.   I colored the Teapot using Yellow, Soft Lime, and Primrose starting with the darkest on the outside then Soft Lime and finally blending back into all the colors with Primrose, finally I went over the middle area with the blending pen to make sure it was all blend and to remove a slight bit of color.  I used the same method for the rose/flowers using Mango, Peach and Oatmeal for the blending.  Now I had this beautiful Teapot colored and was trying to figure out what kind of card I wanted to use it on then at My Sheri Crafts the challenge this week was to make a "Hello" card, it was the perfect fit for this teapot.  The hello is cut from Cindy Loo cartridge.
I mounted the cut out teapot on a piece of peach paper and them cut around to leave a border.  The card is 5 1/2 inch square, and the green background paper is from K&Company.  I pop dotted the teapot to mount it on the card.
Here is a close up of the flower

I had a very hard time getting a picture that showed the true colors.  I covered the flower with Diamond Glaze.  You can't see it but I printed the image on Cryogen White paper from Paper Temptress it is so pretty it has a slight sparkle to it that you can see through the coloring.  This paper is great for coloring with alcohol ink markers, they blend very smoothly and hold the color so it doesn't bleed outside your lines, very slight blending out the back of the paper, but that was probably me adding too much color.  Still learning how to use these markers but am very please with how this one came out. 
Thank you so much for stopping by and I would love to hear what you think of my first project with my ProMarkers.

3 comments:

Larelyn said...

Oh, Donna, this is lovely. I'd try the markers but I have too much invested in Copics - oh well. Ha-ha, I'm sharing the same blog award you've already received - didn't know you received it already. Well, you do have a stylish blog!
Hugs,
Larelyn

Sharon said...

Beautiful! Just beautiful! I knew you were going to be great with these markers!! :)

My Sheri CRAFTS said...

Great image! Your coloring is beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week!