Pages

March 18, 2018

Spring Birthday - Distress Oxides

Hi, today I have a card to share with you that I created
following the sketch this week at

Here is the sketch.

I thought this looked like a fun sketch to create.
I love to create my own background paper using various mediums
and lately, I got the urge to place with my Distress Oxides. 


So using some Bristol paper I made a piece of paper using Oxides
in Cracked Pistachio, Broken China, and Wilted Violet.
I love this combination of colors.  I made a larger piece so that I could
just cut off a panel for this card but still have the rest of the paper to use on another card.  
The colors reminded me of Easter but I didn't want to make an Easter
card because I probably would not use it as I don't send out
Easter cards.
The purple edge I made using one of my Fiskars punches.  The purple
circle is a Unity stamp that I stamped using Catherine Pooler
ink Sweet Sixteen and then hand cut it out.  The sentiment is
also a Unity stamp.  Cp inks are the greatest.
  The butterfly is from Stampin up that
is a 3 step stamp, so I used the same colors as I used on the panel.

Well I am just getting this one in under the wire at
MFT Sketch Challenge so I better get this posted.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

Challenge entered:
a2z Scrapbooking - anything goes - ends 3/31
A Inky Mess - anything goes with mixed media - ends 3/24
Always a Happy Birthday - Birthday anything goes - ends 3/30



4 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful birthday card. Thanks for sharing with us at Always Happy Birthday.

Arlene said...

Great idea to play with your oxide inks. Wonderful BDay card. So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

Unknown said...

WOW!! Love this color combination. Paper you made is perfect for all the embellishments you added. Perfect Springtime B'day card.

Cindy C. said...

So pretty, love the soft colors!! Thanks for playing along our March challenge at a2z.