Pages

August 2, 2011

Hello Flower Card

 One of the things I love the most is flowers, if you look around my blog you will see that I use them often.  In fact sometimes I tell myself, now make a card WITHOUT a flower on it.  LOL.  So when Cricut came out with the Flower Shoppe cartridge I "had" to have it.  This is my fisrt flower made with it.
It was so fun to make, I am going to have to make some more.  All the papers including the flower I printed and cut using the Imagine cartridge Blossom.  I love the papers in this cartridge.  I have just had my Imagine almost two months now and I just love it and it seems to stream line my card making.  It sure cuts down on the time I spent looking for papers to match on my card.    The stem of the flower was made using the parenthesis cut from one of the cartridges and the leave I ran through my paper crimp-er.  I guess I could run the flower parts through it also, I will have to try that.   The center I put some Viva Decor pearl pen, then sprinkled with glitter.   I also sprayed the flower with Glimmer Mist to give it a bit of sparkle.
I also used my sewing machine to zig-zag stitch the green checked paper to the pink part.  The "hello" is a stamp.  So what do you think of my first Flower Shoppe flower?

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to read them, besides that way I knew you were here to take a peak.

Challenges for this card:
Make-it-Monday   Always anything goes  -  ends 8/7
Sentimental Sundays  In the Garden  -  end 8/6
Colour Create  Pink, Green & White  -  ends 8/10
Sir Stampalot  Whatever your Fancy  ends -  8/27
Paper Creations   Stitching  -  ends 8/14

19 comments:

Sharon said...

Beautifully awesome!!! I have always loved the flowers you make. This one is right up there with all the others!! Outstandingly fantastic!! Wonderful card!! :)

Peggy T. said...

Beautiful card, Donna. My favorite colors. I've got that cartridge ordered but haven't received it. Wish they would hurry up. Great job.

Audrey Frelx said...

It's beautiful, and it even looks like a card anyone'd have fun making!!!

PinksyDoodles said...

Great card! Thank you for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

Anonymous said...

Your flower is gorgeous. I love that cart, too. I could make the flowers all day. hmm...,maybe, I will.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wow this is gorgeous - I LOVE the dimension!!!
Hugs,
M

Liz's creative corner said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at colour create, love the flower and good use of the colours, hugs Liz xx

pinky said...

So fresh and gorgeous, I love it. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

papertrails leaver said...

wow! this is really beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays!

Ladybug said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Donna, do you know of any other carts that have a similar center part for the flower(s)? I don't have the Flower Shoppe cart. Thanks!

Colette said...

I am over from MIM and had to comment. These are 2 of my favourite colour combinations and the design is so simple but striking,

Colette x.

Arts by Sara said...

OOOHHH... Nana Donna this is beautiful! I love all the separate petals and your layout is gorgeous with the stitching! Thank You for joining us at Paper Creations Ink! Have a wonderful rest of the week! Happy Creating! Sara

Marilou said...

Your card is lovely! I love your flower, it's so cheerful and pretty.

I saw your card on MIM.

Big Hugs,

Marilou

Pat said...

My goodness what a beautiful card. Love the colors and the stitching really pulls it all together. Thank you for joining us a Paper Creations Ink - Pat

Miranda said...

wow this is the most wonderful flowers I have seen in ages, awesome
thanks for joining paper creations ink this week
hugs
Miranda

Chrissy said...

So lovely, love the colours, and a gorgeous flower, beautiful.

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Mary J said...

Wow Donna - simply gorgeous flower and love the use of thos DPs! Thx for linking it up to the Make It Monday party!

Mary J x

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

Hi. I spotted your oriental card on Make it Monday and then I discovered this card by looking through your blog. I think it is awesome.

Hugs Julie

Sally H said...

fabulous card! I love that flower! Thanks for joining us at Sir S this month and good luck!