Pages

August 14, 2017

A Very Large Poppy

Hi, I have a couple cards to share with you today that are using the
same stamp.  The poppy stamp is from IndiGo Blu and is very large.

The first one I stamped and heat embossed in black on watercolor
paper and then let the water and my Zig Clean Color do the
magic and work together.
The colors look so much brighter in person.  After it was all colored I
hand cut around it and then pop dotted it onto black card stock.  I mounted
the whole thing onto some salmon colored card stock to pick up some of the colors from the poppy.

The second card was also stamped onto watercolor paper and this time heat embossed in gold.  I am not real wild about it embossed in gold as there is so
much detail on this stamp that you just lose some of the definition.

Ths one I colored using Ken Oliver Color Burst powders.   I think I will have to try this again using a different color embossing.  I like to heat emboss when I use
water and watercolor as it somewhat contains the colors when they flow. 
I stamped the birthday wishes then cut them using a Gina Marie die and pop mounted them.

Well thanks for stopping by and checking out my two cards using the same stamp
but with totally different looks.

Challenges entered:
Pink Gem Challenges - birthday wishes - ends 8/17
Crafty Friends - anything goes - ends 8/24
Scrappers Delight - anything goes - ends 8/21

6 comments:

Sue Crease said...

Both stunning cards Donna, I know what you mean about gold embossing I don't like it for the same reason but to be honest it's not spoilt the card from what I can see this end. Beautiful .
Sue X

GalFridayStamping said...

Wow! So pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrapper's Delights challenge blog and best of luck with your entry.

Jane DT for  http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.com

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely floral card… the flower really pops off the black card, its very effective. Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!

Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Two very different and very pretty cards thanks for playing at agoac

Kelly said...

Gorgeous cards. Love how you've used your zig pens.
Thanks for joking us at Scrappers Delights

Unknown said...

I have to have that stamp!!!!! what a gorgeous stamp.. and I love both of the projects...although I have to admit... the red on black is stunning.