Pages

October 1, 2012

Purple & Green Plaid

Hello all my blogging friends and visitors.  I love the colors in this card and how it turned out.  I made it following a sketch from the Cricut message board that I play along with every Wednesday.
It is a larger card, a full 8.5 by 11 sheets of cardstock folded in half.  I enjoy making these larger cards, you have so much room to show off your papers and/or embellishments.  Not in this case but when you make a larger card you can make your Cricut cuts larger which keeps them from tearing or just not cutting out all the detail like when they are cut small.
All the papers on this card are from an older DCWV paper stack called Flower Shower, spring stack.  I love how the purple and green look together.
The label I cut using the CTMH Artiste cartridge and using Cricut Craft Room I also made a shadow layer for it.  I stamped it with a Stampin Up stamp and added a couple of small flower stickers to dress it up.  I think the two small bows across the bottom is just enough so the area does not look too blank.
I just added some of the papers to the inside and will add a white piece with a sentiment when I go to use the card.  

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by, I love reading your comments and truly appreciate each one of them.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

This is so so pretty Donna!! I love the purple and green plaid and the flower paper. The sentiment is so pretty!! I love this card! :)

Hrvatica said...

Oh my, I just love love love the purple and green together. This paper is gorgeous as is your card.

Anonymous said...

This card is sweet, cheerful and just about perfect. Could be used for so many occasions. Love the colors and patterns.The ribbon is the perfect touch.

Cricut Couple said...

Lovin that purple! What a fun and bright card!!!