Pages

January 4, 2012

Heat it Up!.............

.....................that is the challenge this week at Crafty Creations.  Heat embossing, use heat embossing on your project and enter it in the challenge this week, our sponsor is Pattie's Creations.  You could win some of her digital images.
PATTIES CREATIONS:


This is a great challenge at least for me as I heat emboss 99% of the time I stamp.  But to make it a bit more challenging I wanted to use one of the digital images from Pattie's Creations so I printed it using my home printer on heavy vellum and immediately sprinkled it with black sparkle embossing powder as soon as it came out of the printer, then heat embossed it.  This works with paper that does not absorb the ink right away, but you have to be fast with the embossing powder, best to have it ready with the lid off and sprinkle it on.
Here is my card.
I place the printed butterfly vellum over a pretty piece of flowered paper from the K&Company "Best of Brenda Walton" stack, punched the corners and accented it with a piece of lilac ribbon.  The "with sympathy" was stamped and heat embossed.
Here is a close up of the butterfly, maybe you can see the heat embossing here.
It is always nice to have sympathy cards on hand when the need arises and I thought the butterfly image was perfect for a sympathy card.
The inside was done very simply to write a hand written note or stamp a sentiment later.
So glad you stopped by, be sure and leave me a comment so that I know you were here.  And would love to see you join in the fun at Crafty Creations Challenge this week.

7 comments:

Donelda said...

This is so lovely especially with the overlay of vellum!!

marilynprestonn said...

Love everything about this card Donna. The soft pastels, the flower pattern and that gorgeous lavender butterfly. Well done my dear. :)Peggy

Good to see you!

Anonymous said...

Donna this is so soft and pretty!! Love how you embossed it straight out of the printer...I have never tried that! Beautiful card!

Oh, and happy belated Anniversary!! smiles,Deena

Lindsey said...

So very pretty, Donna! I see we had the same idea to emboss the butterfly on vellum. ;) Love the soft colours.

Sharon said...

WOW!!!!! How beautiful!!! Love it! :)

Cricut Couple said...

Oh Donna, it's STUNNING! I love the colors and that butterfly is GORGEOUS!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Donna, I love this card -- love the vellum, the color, the softness to it -- just everything!!!