Pages

December 13, 2011

Clean & Simple Christmas card

Hope everyone is well on their way to be ready for the upcoming holiday.  I know this year I am behind with getting my Christmas ready and mailed out.
Every year I make most of my Christmas cards the same, it is much easier for me that way.  Although leading up to making my cards I enter a lot of challenges so I end up with quite a few different ones, so this year I had about 18 different ones and made 22 of the same for the 40 I need.  So finally I finished my cards, I wanted to go for the clean & simple look because I liked this ornament stamp that I got from Stampers Best and wanted it to be the main focus because of all the pretty details.   Make sure you go by and check out Stampers Best if you are a stamper as they have some cute images, prices are great and shipping fast, what more could you ask for!
So here is my card.
This one I stamped and heat embossed it using red glitter embossing powder.  I made it in several different colors, but this one seemed to show the sparkle the best.  I also embossed the background paper with my Cuttlebug using the Mistletoe folder.  Since I embossed and used glitter is also fits into the challenge this week at Crafty Creations where I am on the design team.   Here is another version using a gold pearl embossing powder.
Then for the inside I had the first two stamps to fit along with the front of the card.
The small "merry & bright" stamp & the small ornaments stamp inside is from Gina K Designs and it matched great with my sentiment that I had.
Not a very good picture but here is a picture of some of the other colors I made, the blue one is very pretty and bright.
So I wish you all a very Merry & Bright Christmas and wonderful New Year.  Thanks so much for peaking in on my blog, would love to hear your comments.

Challenges for this card
Crafty Cardmakers  Use it 3 ways (heat embossed in multiple colors)  ends  1/8
Dream Valley   Christmas   ends - 1/7
Hooked on Crafts  Christmas   ends  - 12/24
Make it Monday   Always anything goes   ends  12/18


14 comments:

Doreen said...

Three fabulous cards,love all the embossing.xxx

Sharon said...

How beautiful!! I think the red one is my favorite! :)

cdm317 said...

Very Pretty!
Colleen

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous. Simple and gorgeous, perfect combination!

loz said...

This is soo Elegant Donna.. Saw this on MIM ..Loz

Chrissy said...

Fabulous CAS cards, love the gold, my favourite.
Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Cathy Lee said...

Lovely cards, Donna. They are gorgeous in all the different colors and perfectly embossed. I saw it on MIM and had to get a closer look.
Holiday Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous, very classy. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Cricut Couple said...

Oh My Gosh Donna! Everything is incredible!!! So sorry we haven't commented in a while. The internet in our area has been messed up for a couple of weeks now and it's been impossible to leave comments. Everything is so pretty! Just love it all! Big Bug Hugs and Merry Christmas to you!

Jackie Thomas said...

These are all so elegant. Thank you for joining us at HOC. Merry Christmas.
Hugs Jackie

Karen said...

A lovely collection of cards hun.
Thank you for joining us at Make it Monday this week.

Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.



Remember, to leave a comment for the other entries & be sure to mention you saw
them on Make It Monday.

MagsB said...

What a very elegant design! I really like embossing at Christmas it gives such a subtle bling effect! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley Challenges.

love Mags B x

Josephine said...

Those are all gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

Rachel x said...

What lovely CAS cards- it's a lovley stamp and sometimes pretty glitter powders are just enough!! :) I did the same- half of my cards were the same layout but different colours... much easier!! :)
Thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley this time!! :)
hugs, Rachel x